Latest COVID-19 Updates: David W. Singer & Associates, P.A. is fully operational. We are ready to provide our current and potential clients with all personal injury legal services in person and over the phone. Please contact us at 1-800-275-3733 or email dsinger@1800askfree.com Monday to Friday from 9AM to 5PM.
Free Consultation 1.800.ASK.FREE (275.3733)
Free Consultation 1.800.ASK.FREE (275.3733)

Maritime Injury Compensation

Did you know that you can file for compensation for an injury that happened while you were on a cruise ship? Just like any other personal injury, maritime injuries are also compensated, if you were injured while on a water transportation vessel you deserve full compensation for those injuries, especially if you were on the boat or ship for work related reasons.cruise-line-accidents1 (1)

One of the many reasons why people who get injured while at sea do not make compensation claims is that the maritime lawsuit can be complicated, especially when it comes to proving the liability. State worker’s compensation laws are sketchy when it comes to injuries on water, but the experienced lawyers at David W. Singer & Associates, P.A. know how to go about getting you the full compensation that you deserve.

Recently, the Jones Act has provided many people who work on the water with plausible grounds to file a personal injuries lawsuit. To take full advantage of the Act you need to know if you qualify to make a claim.

Who qualifies to make a claim under the Jones Act?

The Jones Act applies to individuals who meet the following characteristics:

  • The water vehicle you were injured on must be in navigation on the water that is classified under interstate and commerce routes.
  • The injury should have occurred while you were working on board the water transport vessel

The types of employees covered by the Jones Act is also quite diverse. These include:

  • Fishermen
  • Cruise ship workers
  • Ferry boat workers
  • Transportation workers
  • Construction workers
  • Oil-platform workers
  • Commercial divers

If you are based in Hollywood, FL, you can make use of the personal injuries law firm, David W. Singer & Associates, P.A. The group of skilled lawyers are experienced in personal injuries claims particularly the maritime department that occur on the Florida waters. To see if your injury qualifies for compensation under the Jones act you can use the free online consultation form available on David W. Singer & Associates’ website or call us at 1-800-ASK-FREE.