What happens when an accident occurs on a cruise ship? There is a law firm that knows the ins and outs maritime law, with over 40 years experience in representing passengers injured on cruise ships. The Firm also works on cases where passengers are injured in excursions off the cruise ship. These happen very often on the islands that the cruise ship docks at. David W. Singer and Associates have experience with maritime law and can offer our knowledge on a few things you should be mindful of when it comes to cruise ship accidents.
Kind of Cruise Ship Accidents
There are a number of different kinds of accidents and incidents to be aware of.
- We don’t expect it, but sometimes death can happen even when on vacation. These can be from medical conditions, suicides, homicides, or by falling overboard.
- While rare, large-scale disasters can occur, such as ship collisions, capsizing, or even pirate attacks.
- Severe food poisoning
- Assaults or rapes
- Slip and fall accidents leading to broken bones or surgery
- Robbery, smuggling, bomb threats, or even indecent exposure can be treated as crime-related accidents.
- Mechanical Complications
- If something goes wrong on the ship, accidents like a fire or loss of power often results in claims
- Harsh Weather Causing rough seas. Hurricanes, fog, squalls can all result in accidents aboard ship.
- Medical malpractice by the inadequate medical care provided aboard board ship
What to do if You Experience an Accident
Many victims of cruise ship accidents can fall into common mistakes that leave you with less than what you deserve when it comes to compensation. There are a few things you’ll want to do:
- Report the accident in writing
- You’ll want to submit your report to the ship’s security department. Be sure to document the who, what, where, and when of your reporting and get a copy for yourself.
- Record the scene-Video or pictures
- Get the names and contact information from everyone involved, including any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention
- If you’ve been injured in some way, even if you think the injuries are minor, get medical attention.
- Contact a maritime lawyer ASAP
- A maritime lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for a claim. Many victims may settle for less than what they can get. At the David Singer law firm, you will find that the lawyers know all that there is to know about this area of law www.cruiseinjurycase.com
Contact Us for Maritime Injury Claims
If you’ve been injured on a cruise ship, or experienced an accident, then you are entitled to compensation. At that point, contacting a maritime attorney can help you receive all you deserve. We won’t settle for anything less. Contact us today for more 1-800-ASK-FREE(275-3733)